Rescheduling, Cancellations & Retakes
Cancellations & Refunds
Due to a high demand for CELBAN, scheduling changes are discouraged. Examinees should make sure that their test date selections align with their professional registration timelines.
- Request for cancellations must be made using our Test Cancellation Request Form. Cancellations by telephone, email, or fax will not be accepted.
- Request for cancellations must be submitted at least 20 business days before the first confirmed test date in order to qualify for a partial refund. A CAN$ 95 administrative fee applies to all refunds.
- Test cancellations made less than 20 business days before the first confirmed test date do not qualify for any refund.
- Failure to appear for the test without notification (test absence) is considered a cancellation and no refund will be issued.
- Results from any completed component(s) will be withheld.
- An Exceptional Circumstances Request Form can be submitted and must include supporting documentation if an examinee fails to appear for a testing appointment due to the following reasons: illness, bereavement, legal matters, or travel disruption.
CELBAN Speaking Test Rescheduling
The CELBAN Speaking Test cannot be rescheduled prior to the scheduled appointment; therefore, a submitted cancellation form is deemed a request to cancel both parts of the CELBAN test. If the need to reschedule your CELBAN Speaking Test arises, examinees will have to submit a cancellation request and register to take CELBAN again.
CELBAN CBT Rescheduling & Cancellation Fee: Prometric
Prometric offers the ability to reschedule or cancel a CELBAN CBT directly through their website under the following guidelines:
- There is no fee charged if examinees choose to reschedule or cancel 30 or more days before their scheduled appointment.
- If an examinee reschedules or cancels 5 to 29 days before their scheduled appointment, they will incur a $50 fee paid directly to Prometric.
- Examinees will not have the ability to make any changes 5 days or less before their scheduled appointment.
If examinees choose to reschedule their CELBAN CBT appointment through Prometric, please note that it must be rescheduled within 14 days of the CELBAN Speaking Test appointment. If both parts of CELBAN are not completed with 14 days of each other, results will not be validated by The CELBAN Centre.
To avoid a cancellation fee through Prometric, examinees should adhere to the CELBAN cancellation policy and submit any cancellations through the CELBAN website using the Test Cancellation Request Form
Rescheduling Due to Technical Error
The CELBAN Centre offers the option to reschedule a test appointment at a fee only to examinees that had failed to meet the remote test requirements during a scheduled test appointment. Those examinees will be contacted directly by The CELBAN Centre to determine next steps.
If an examinee would like to improve their CELBAN scores, they may take the test again. It is the responsibility of the examinee to register in accordance to the CELBAN retake policy. Please note that penalties apply to tests scheduled improperly.
When scheduling your next test, you must consider the following:
- There must be at least three months between each test sitting.
- Results from tests completed within three months of each other will be withheld and no refund will be provided.
- Examinees are responsible for monitoring this timeline.
The CELBAN Centre reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel registrations for repeated tests that are scheduled within a three month period.
Example of the Three Month Policy:
If an examinee completed their original CELBAN Speaking Test on January 24, 2021, and their CLEBAN CBT on January 30, 2021 then they would be eligible to retake the test on April 30, 2021 or any time after.
If an examinee completed their original CELBAN Speaking Test on February 4, 2021, and their CLEBAN CBT on February 16, 2021 they are NOT eligible to retake the test on or before May 15, 2021.
The CELBAN policy states that CELBAN tests must be completed at least three months apart and this does not always translate to 90 days. We calculate our three month policy to the exact day
of the month.
Important Policy Update:
Please note, there is no longer a limit to the number of times CELBAN can be attempted.