Rescheduling, Cancellations & Retakes
Cancellations & Refunds
Due to a high demand for CELBAN, scheduling changes are discouraged. Examinees should make sure that their test date selections align with their professional registration timelines.
- Request for cancellations must be made using our Test Cancellation Request Form. Cancellations by telephone, email, or fax will not be accepted.
- Request for cancellations must be submitted at least 20 business days before the first confirmed test date in order to qualify for a partial refund. A CAN$ 125 administrative fee applies to all refunds.
- Test cancellations made less than 20 business days before the first confirmed test date do not qualify for any refund.
- Failure to appear for the test without notification (test absence) is considered a cancellation and no refund will be issued.
- Results from any completed component(s) will be withheld.
- An Exceptional Circumstances Request Form can be submitted and must include supporting documentation if an examinee fails to appear for a testing appointment due to the following reasons: illness, bereavement, legal matters, or travel disruption.
CELBAN Speaking Test Rescheduling
To reschedule a CELBAN Speaking Test, examinees are required to submit our Test Reschedule Request Form
- Requests to reschedule a Speaking Test with more than 5 business days' notice will be charged CAD$ 50.
- Requests to reschedule a Speaking Test with less than 5 business days' notice will be charged CAD$ 100.
Examinees who have booked their CBT and only want to reschedule the Speaking Test will be expected to book a new Speaking Test appointment within 14 business days of their CBT appointment, if available.
Examinees who have not booked their CBT will have their CBT eligibility period updated based on their rescheduled Speaking Test.
CELBAN CBT Rescheduling & Cancellation Fee: Prometric
Prometric offers the ability to reschedule or cancel a CBT directly through their website under the following guidelines:
- There is no fee charged if examinees choose to reschedule or cancel 30 or more days before their scheduled appointment.
- If an examinee reschedules or cancels 5 to 29 days before their scheduled appointment, they will incur a $50 fee paid directly to Prometric.
- Examinees will not have the ability to make any changes 5 days or less before their scheduled appointment via Prometric. Reschedules within 5 days of an appointment can be made by submitting the CELBAN Test Reschedule Request Form. A CAD$ 150 fee will apply.
To avoid a cancellation fee through Prometric, examinees should adhere to the CELBAN cancellation policy and submit any cancellations through the CELBAN website using the Test Cancellation Request Form
Overlapping attempts are not permitted. Examinees must ensure both components (CBT and Speaking Test) are complete before beginning another attempt.
There are no restrictions on when examinees can schedule subsequent test attempts, however, we recommend that examinees wait for their results and reflect on the individualized feedback provided. Integrating the feedback with continued practice before another attempt will have the greatest impact on improving language skills and improving scores.