Practice Computer Based Test (CBT)
The official CELBAN CBT consists of the Listening, Reading, and Writing Tests which are to be completed over a 2.5 hour period. Examinees will schedule their CELBAN CBT appointment through Prometric once they have received their confirmation number from The CELBAN Centre. The test can be scheduled at a Prometric test site or from a location of choice using remote proctoring, where they will be supervised by a live remote proctor.
There are two ways to practice for the official exam:
- A free online demo that includes a tutorial and a few select tasks.
- A 60 minute paid practice exam that can be completed with a remote proctor or a Prometric test centre.
The purpose of the practice exams is to provide CELBAN examinees with the CELBAN CBT test experience. These practice exams offer:
- Access to the tutorial, which describes the online testing format;
- Practice with the testing platform, for example:
- how to select and change your responses,
- how to take notes on the digital scratch pad, and
- how to move forward and backward between tasks in the exam;
- Practice typing written responses and using the editing tools;
- Experience with the formal checking in procedures and a proctor (with the paid practice exam only);
- And more
The CELBAN CBT Demo
The CELBAN CBT Demo is a 45 minute exam. It is free and includes the full tutorial and a partial set of tasks. The purpose of this demo exam is to allow prospective examinees to experience the test taking platform. The demo can be accessed an unlimited number of times.
To try the CELBAN CBT Demo, click here
The Practice CELBAN Exam
The Practice CELBAN Exam
is accessed through Prometric and provides examinees an opportunity to become familiar with the item types included in the official CELBAN CBT and with the testing platform. It can be scheduled at a Prometric test site or a location of choice using remote proctoring, where a live remote proctor will supervise, and follow the same check-in procedures as outlined for the official CELBAN. The Practice CELBAN Exam is a paid exam.
An examinee’s performance on the Practice CELBAN Exam will not predict their success or failure on the official CELBAN CBT. The purpose of the Practice CELBAN Exam is to help examinees become familiar with the test format and functionality of the platform. Please note that results are not issued for the Practice CELBAN Exam.
A CAN$ 46
registration fee (plus HST) is paid directly to Prometric at the time of scheduling the Practice CELBAN Exam.
- Schedule the Practice CELBAN Exam in a Prometric test site by clicking here.
- Schedule in a remotely proctored location of choice by clicking here.
When scheduling to take the exam remotely, examinees need to first ensure their laptop or desktop computer meets the technical specifications, click here
to complete a systems readiness check. For more information about remotely proctored exams, review the ProProctor User Guide
Cancellations & Rescheduling
If examinees wish to cancel or reschedule their appointment to complete the Practice CELBAN Exam, they must do so using the appropriate link below or by contacting Prometric's Regional Registration Center.
There is no charge for changing an appointment if the change is made five (5) or more days before their scheduled appointment; however, they will forfeit their CAN$ 46
registration fee (plus HST) if rescheduling or canceling the appointment less than 5 days before it is scheduled.
- Reschedule at a Prometric test site by clicking here.
- Reschedule in a remotely proctored location of your choice by clicking here.
Looking for more ideas on how to practice for the Listening, Reading and Writing Tests? Consider purchasing the complete set of CELBAN Practice Handbooks. Click here for more details